The Falls Tea House was built
around 1930 by a local builder Alex Jessop. Much thought and
planning went into the original design.
The timber was milled by the Jonsson brothers, who had a mill in
the Beatrice River area. Most of the timber used was oak which
was planed by hand. White beech was used to construct the front
verandah, which was scrubbed weekly. The home was built on the
original selection and the surrounding land used as a dairy farm